Apollo Management Server
The Apollo Management Server is an integral part of the Apollo Platform. It provides:
- Load balancing of incoming connection request from Anywhere Clients across multiple PASs based on criteria such as geographic proximity, current PAS loading, number of users or multi-site failover.
- Fail-over management between multiple PASs in the event of unplanned outages such as hardware failure or site loss and planned outages such as maintenance on individual servers.
- A relay agent for customer care information gathered from PASs and makes it available to multiple applications.
- Logging of customer care information to PostgreSQL database, CSV file format and PC based Apollo Customer Care application as well as interfaces for exporting data to third party databases or mapping applications.
- Output of GPS and other location information in GIS API formats including integration with Microsoft MapPoint and other third party platforms. This mode also has bandwidth and signal strength capture and can produce maps for carriers’ coverage and capability analysis. This capability supports EVDO, HSPA, LTE, Wi-Fi, WiMAX and other WAN networks such as Trunk Radio.
Dynamic DNS – provides name lookup service to LAN applications and services allowing them to resolve user names, MAC addresses, machine names and other identifiers to the current IP address assigned to the relevant Anywhere Client.
The ‘remote’ element of the Apollo solution is the Anywhere Client – a software application that is installed on a Windows PC/Netbook, Windows Smartphone or other Windows Embedded devices. The Anywhere Client presents itself as a full network interface to the IP stack and the operating system above it. Learn More
The Apollo PAS is designed to optimize and dramatically increase the efficiency of mobile data communications over any wired or wireless networks. It transparently integrates the LAN environment with fixed and mobile wide area networks, providing a secure connection for the remote user.